- rides-sema-new-muscle-1The 580 hp ZL1 is damn fine out of the box, but as this example proves, it can easily be made better.
- rides-sema-new-muscle-2Challys were few and far between this year (the model's getting a little old), but this green-and-blank example was the best of the new Challenger crew.
- rides-sema-new-muscle-3Orange you glad cars like this are out there? We sure are.
- rides-sema-new-muscle-4Matte brown paint and copper rims are all it takes. One super-clean Mustang.
- rides-sema-new-muscle-5You'll be seeing more of this baby very soon—this Charger Super Bee is the cover car for the Dec/Jan 2013 issue of <i>RIDES!</i>
- rides-sema-new-muscle-6We blew the lid off the new school T-top 'Maro market last year, and it clearly still has some legs. And some headroom.
- rides-sema-new-muscle-7Hard as steel, wide as Nebraska, and sexy as Jessica Biel wearing nuthin' but whipped cream.
- rides-sema-new-muscle-8Matte blue 'Maro? Why do we not own one of these?
- #rides-sema-new-muscle-8matte blue maro camaro
- rides-sema-new-muscle-10There's always money in the banana car market.
For the second part in our series highlighting the best whips of SEMA 2012, we’re focusing on new school muscle—Camaros, Challengers, Chargers and Mustang. These domestics all come with decades of customization on their shoulders, so competition is steep. Nonetheless, we were able to find ten examples that stood above the rest of the pack. Some of these whips are familar—in fact, some of them have graced our cover. But hey, the best is the best.
Check out the pics above, then let us know what you think in the comments. And if you haven’t yet, check out the first part in our series, where we choose the best ten trucks at SEMA this year!