- citroen-cactus10. The Citroën Cactus Concept rides on air—that is, it has an innovative hybrid powertrain that combines gasoline and compressed air power to move the car. Those gray panels are filled with air bladders, to prevent the cactus from getting dinged. It may look weird, but it's innovative.
- lexus-lf-nx-concept9. The Lexus LF-NX Concept shows off the basic look of Lexus's upcoming small crossover SUV. Though the real deal won't be quite so edgy, or rock such dope fenders.
- volvo-concept-coupe8. The Volvo Concept Coupe is, indeed, a Volvo—but not one like you've probably seen before, unless you're familiar with Volvo's P1800 sports car of the '60s and '70s. Volvo says it's just a way of showing off their new corporate look, but we wouldn't mind seeing it hit the streets.
- ferrari-458-speciale7. Ferrari's 458 Speciale is a lighter, more powerful, faster version of the 458 Italia. 'Nuff said.
- infiniti-q306. The Infiniti Q30 is Infiniti's take on the small crossover SUV market—and its sleeker looks push it ahead of the Lexus LF-NX in our ranking.
- porsche-918-spyder5. The Porsche 918 Spyder was finally revealed in production form at Frankfurt, in all its 887 horsepower, plug-in hybrid glory. It's fresh off setting the new production car record at Germany's famous Nürburgring race track, too.
- audi-sport-quattro-concept4. The Audi Sport Quattro Concept is a manic, all-wheel-drive, 700 horsepower hybrid sports car. The better news? Audi might build it.
- jaguar-c-x173. Jaguar's C-X17 is a concept car, but not for long—this is pretty much what Jaguar's SUV will look like when it hits the street in a year or two.
- audi-nanuk-quattro-concept2. Audi's Nanuk Concept is ha;f supercar, half SUV—and with a turbocharged V10 making 510 horses and 738 lb-ft between the rear axle and the driver, the engine's would work well in either. Is it wrong that we'd like to rock this?
- mercedes-benz-concept-s-class-coupe1. It's called the Mercedes-Benz Concept S-Class Coupe, but the "concept" is really a formality—this is an almost production-ready look at the S-Class Coupe (formerly known as the CL-Class) coming soon. Ballers, get ready to place your orders.
When it comes to the major car shows of the new car world, the bi-annual Frankfurt Motor Show brings with it some of the hottest, freshest, and most technologically advanced rides on the planet. Whether it’s supercars, concept cars, or insane luxury cars, there’s a bit of something for everyone at the show. It was tough, but we managed to cull the list down, and we chose the ten hottest cars from this year’s Frankfurt Motor Show. Hit the gallery to see what landed where…